Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bakit ba hindi pa ko nasasanay sa quirks ng mga professors ko? Labrel class ko today with Professor D. For the first time hindi sya pumasok. And i'm a bit bummed out kasi sana man lang we were told first hand that he wouldn't make it to class. Sayang sa gas, sa pera, saka sa oras. Or i could have watched AVP2 or Sweeney Todd na lang. Anyway, as usual i had something (read: complain) to say about it. As my friend who-shall-remain-anonymous told me when i complained to her on ym, "hay di ka pa nasanay sa beda", which i took to mean na hindi pa ko nasanay sa ugali ng ibang law professors ko sa Beda.

Truth of the matter is, i don't know why i'm complaining, really. When just before going to class i was hoping that he wouldn't come to class or that i wouldn't be called. You know, the usual prayers of a not-prepared-but-still-came-to-class student. So it got me to thinking, maybe i just like to gripe about things, i don't know. I think it makes me feel that something out of the ordinary happened to me. Pathetic i know. Does that make me a chronic complainer? Reminds me of Archie Alemania's gig in Wazzup, Wazzup as the Reklamador ng Bayan.

======

Jhundi lent me 3 cd's, one of them i'm looking forward to listening. It's Arwen's Illusions cd. I'm assuming their name is a reference to Tolkien's elven princess. Don't be misled though, they're not a pop/r&b mainstream group. They're a power metal band. Kewl.

======

My friend's sister had her appendix removed the other day so she's been staying with her sister for the last couple of days. Buti na lang naagapan yung appendix nya kasi diba pag nag-rupture yun poisonous sya? I remember my dad when he had his removed. He was hurting something bad from the pain.

======

Midterms in a few days time. I would like to say that i'm feeling confident with some of my subjects kasi wala akong backlog but i'm afraid it might backfire on me. So i'm just hoping that i would be able to study enough so that i could get good grades this sem. I'm always thinking of the dreaded gwa. I'm feeling a bit envious kasi my other friends are finished na with their midterms. Most of them are going to the movie theaters na. Haay...

======

So what's on tv? They're showing a new season of Project Runway on ETC. Looking forward to more of Heidi Klum, Micheal Kors, and Nina Garcia. Also Amazing Race Asia 2 is down to 5 groups. Of course i'm rooting for Marc and Rovilson! I'm hating the dancing moms. They caused the Japanese sibling's early elimination from the show. Boooo! Nota Bene: Allan Wu's arms (he was wearing a sando) and the guy who greets the teams at the pit stop.

And then there's American Idol, a perennial favorite of mine. Especially the audition shows. Was the guy who was wearing a white outfit and who sang "You Are My Brother" to Simon et al a Pinoy? Cause his song is going around on my head. That was one of the times where even though they were humoring a hopeful, they were pretty nice about it. Seriously, what Simon said might be true -- his song might become a hit record. Already they're showing it as a teaser/commercial for future shows. I know i couldn't sing to save my life but some of those auditioning are clearly delusional. Makes for good tv though.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ivory Tower by Nina Katrina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Philippines License.