Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Weekend toons

Watching Transformers made me miss a lot of cartoons i used to watch as a child, lalo na the original voice actor was cast for Prime (trivia: sya rin yung narrator and voice actor for a couple of Voltron characters). There was G. I. Joe, Visionaries, Saber Rider et al, Thundercats, Dino-Riders, Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, and Smurfs to name a few. Hay, nakaka-miss talaga sila, lalo na yung Visionaries. Too bad lang it only lasted for 13 episodes (13 nga ba?).

Watching all of those cartoons, many of which were japanese, was probably a foreshadowing of my interest in anime now. Who could forget Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Daimos, Voltron (Hyakujuu-ou Golion), and of course, Tetsuwan Atomu a.k.a Astro Boy. Which brings to mind super sentais like the Kamen Rider and Ultraman series hehe. Too bad they don't show the latest anymore. Syempre the best for me is Bioman pa rin. Maskman/Hikari Sentai Masukuman comes a close second (Michael Joe!). I've even seen Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, which you'll find silly if you're not a fan of the anime. Well, suffice it to say i liked it very much and was able to appreciate it. I even recognized some jokes only fans would get. Hehe. Specially those regarding the Shitennou. Lol moments grabe. Ok, now i'm humming the intro for Bioman... Choudenshi... Bioman!

Check out this site, their list is extensive. Click their "You might be a child of the 80's if..." link. I lol-ed pretty much reading it. I think they're undergoing site maintenance so not all the links work. But seeing the list of cartoons is worth it. Sana they make a movie out of G. I. Joe. It's pretty much workable naman. I'd love to see Snake Eyes in action again.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ivory Tower by Nina Katrina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Philippines License.