Saturday, March 1, 2008

So it's been a while since i've posted. Been very busy with school work. Finals start next Saturday and i still have tons of stuff to read. Come to think of it, i always have plenty of things to read. It seems like i can never catch up; i've never felt ready enough for recitations nor take an exam mrgreen. As early as now, i'm getting nervous thinking about taking the bar.

======

Another friend is having their child's baptism tomorrow. Dang, everybody's having children left and right. And here i am still stuck in school. Sigh... Sometimes i feel like i've been left behind by my friends and cousins. Most of them are working and having families of their own. But when i'm in the company of my law school friends, i feel a bit more normal. I've never regretted attending law school, but it's scary to think that in spite of studying for years, it may not be enough for me to pass the bar. I think to think more positive!

======

Have i ever mentioned that my parents are generously funding my studies? Although i thank them for that, i can't help but resent it sometimes because it means i'm not fully emancipated haha. I could take advantage and go out but i think of my expenses, which, given the fact that i don't work, they pay for, like the cost it takes to send me to law school, my allowance, gas money, expenses for my mobile, clothes, food -- and that's just me! I still have a younger brother who's in school. And he's asking for a car.

======

I'm torn between wanting to graduate now and take my turn at the bar. At least then i could start working. But then i think that i shouldn't rush studying law or else i might not pass the bar. I'm just praying to God that i pass all my subjects and then eventually pass the bar. I know i will get there. But that goal seems so long and difficult.

======

I just noticed that i always feel this way whenever exams are near. razz

2 comments:

restless_river said...

Hi, this cracked me up and reminded me somewhat of my days at the UP...take it easy :) Cheers,

Anne

manika said...

hi anne, thanks for commenting. i studied at UP too, fellow iska ka pala. =)

-n

 
Creative Commons License
Ivory Tower by Nina Katrina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Philippines License.