Friday, March 14, 2008

I had dinner with Che and Dar last thursday night. We've been planning on that for quite some time now, the last time i saw them was a couple of years ago (Hey! We had dinner at the same resto! Haha). Anyway, it was nice catching up with them. I wasn't able to visit Che when she gave birth to their second child.

I love going out and catching up with old friends, but dang! Every time i see them i'm reminded that i'm still a student and dependent on my family since my parents decided to fund my studies. I guess that it doesn't help that a lot of them seem like they're already going places and are on their way to becoming successful in their careers. I'm extremely happy for them because they deserve it, they've been working their butts off. It's just that sometimes i feel that i'm being left behind.

I have mentioned this to people and their usual response when i tell them that is after my studies, i'd be a LAWYER (emphasis provided by them). But i would like to point out, i still have to pass the bar. It's not like after i graduate i'd become a lawyer. There's always the possibility of flunking.

HORROR OF HORRORS! Imagine studying for at least 4 years then not enjoying the fruits of your labor? I break out in hives/vomit/have heartburn/acid reflux/ulcer every time i think of taking the bar AND flunking.

I'm hoping to take it on my first time, not because of bragging rights, but because i wouldn't want to go through another year of intensive review. STRESS! But i wouldn't hesitate to take it again, as much as allowed by law, until i pass. At least i can say i tried my best. Before i used to think, it's nakakahiya when you have to re-take. But after all my years in staying in law school, i realize it was arrogance on my part. There are many factors which can influence your passing or failing, and most of them not based on your answers. There's one where your penmanship should not only be readable but nice. Heck, if i'd known that, i would have taken my penmanship class in St. Scho more seriously. Now, i know people who painstakingly practice their penmanship just so the Bar Examiner wouldn't skip reading their exams.

It's a good thing i still love what i'm doing, in spite of all the stress and the trials and insanities of being a law student. I feel for friends who enroll just because it is expected of them.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ivory Tower by Nina Katrina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Philippines License.