Thursday, August 30, 2007

post midterm exam ramblings

Well, i still don't know if i survived my midterm exams this semester. I'm still feeling quite a bit numb from all that reading. My brain refuses to function; i wish my professors won't start recitations til next week. Would it be too much to pray that they won't attend their classes for a week or two? *sigh* I still have one more exam to take this Saturday. Oh well, at least i know i passed one subject -- according to a reliable source lol.

======

It's September once again and that only means one thing -- to the legal community here that is. Bar month! That's where law students bravely take the bar exams and once they pass, they're included in the Roll of Attorneys and can now practice law. Hopefully in a few years time i'll be one of those taking the bar.

======

I celebrated my 25th birthday a few days ago. I can't believe i'm now 25. The old adage is true -- tempus fugit. I evaluated my life and found that i'm quite satisfied where i am right now. Although i would have loved it if i already graduated from law school, i'm more or less where i envisioned myself when i was in college.

======

So i saw Rush Hour 3 with my father and brother last week. If you're looking for something thought-provoking, don't watch it. I mean, hey, it's a Jackie Chan movie. Nothing against the great Chan but his movies aren't really known for their depth. I watch it for it's fun factor; i usually end up LOL. The plot was highly predictable; good vs bad, good always wins. But the action was funny -- nothing awesome but it was good entertainment.

======

My father came home from East Timor for a visit. He's part of the UN Peacekeeping force in East Timor. Too bad he'll only be here until Friday. I'm happy though that he was here on my birthday. My mom wasn't, she is in Sweden for a conference. I'm hoping for something nice when she gets back. Haha.

======

I love my ipod. I just hate the fact that once the battery life shortens, i have to have the whole thing replaced. Sux.

======

I don't understand what's the big deal with the iphone. I'd choose my nokia over that any day of the week. And the price! My goodness.

======

The weather's been nice lately. It rains once in a while; I can't wait til it gets cooler. That means Christmas is just around the corner.

======

I want to say thank you to all who remembered my birthday and took the time to greet me. I really appreciate it you guys. You made my day brighter. smile

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ivory Tower by Nina Katrina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Philippines License.